MEGAN: THE CONFETTI CONNOISSEUR
I’m Megan, owner and designer behind confettiology! So in a world full of different careers and opportunities, how did I end up here?! Well for starters I've loved parties for as long as I can remember. I learned early on that life is way too short to not celebrate at every opportunity and that any moment that causes you to smile deserves recognition. I am a big believer that acknowledging the things that make you happy brings about more happiness, and the world can always use more of that.
After receiving a Psychology degree and enjoying some of the different journeys my life took me on, I realized that I just couldn't ignore that passion whispering in my heart any longer! I enrolled in an event design course through the International School of Hospitality, took my passion to Las Vegas where I learned so so much and used the opportunity to build upon and perfect the skills I already had. Taking that giant leap of faith was the best decision I could have ever made! They say if you love what you do, you don't work a day in your life...I promise you thats true!
When I am not designing or planning, you can be sure to find me doing something else creative…it's the only way this brain of mine works! I love finding inspiration in everyday things and sometimes I surprise even myself with where one inspiring sight can take me. Every event I create sparks a new perspective and leaves me planning something completely unique for the couple or guest of honor. The best part of my job? Seeing the smiles of my clients when they are blissfully enjoying their moment…after all that is what the events are all about.
5 random facts about me:
1. I am a designer at heart and could spend countless hours with my collection of design books. Make it a rainy Sunday afternoon and give me a good chai latte and I’m really in heaven.
2. Kate Spade is my hero! Seriously though..have you checked out her design portfolio lately? Wow.
3. I have major heart eyes over peonies, macaroons, trips to anthropology, modern calligraphy, pretty paper, and some good quotes.
4. Dinner parties need to make a major come back! China, flatware, tablescapes oh my! Hosting is my favorite thing to do.
5. An organized Pinterest board can change your life.